Nananananana! You say it’s your birthday? Nananananana! It’s my birthday… erm… on Sunday. So you know the drill, the throwdown before my birthday is all about me!
I sometimes joke about how dinosaurs roamed the land and the earth was still cooling when I was young (and I know, *technically* it’s still cooling), but want to know what else actually happened 50 years ago? Well, let me tell you:
- The Music from Grease was published and the play opened on Broadway. Tell me more, tell me more!
- Watergate, and the start of the stupid trend of ending everything scandalous in “-gate”.
- Launch of the Space Shuttle program
- The last US Ground troops pulled out of Vietnam
- Nolan Bushnell and Ted Danby co-founded Atari and released the arcade version of Pong.
- M*A*S*H premiered on TV.
- CAT scans were developed in England
- Prozac was patented
- The Godfather won a bunch of Oscars
- The world’s first non-military communications satelite was launched
- The Summit Series of Hockey
Wild, huh? I mean, I’m still partly in denial that the glorious music from the 80’s was as long ago as World War 2 was when we were listening to said glorious music. So if you need me to enable you this weekend, have a frosty beverage, a sugary pastry, or a pile of oversalted fries in celebration. We’ll get back to being responsible… later.